Friday, April 2, 2010

UPDATES UPDATES UPDATES

Okay, I know I know I know I've been a really terrible blogger lately, but 1) my day job has suddenly gotten extremely busy!!!!! which is where I was largely composing my posts during slack time and now there is no slack time, and 2) I am now a devoted grandmother which can be very time consuming. When I'm not actually babysitting or visiting, I have to spend a lot of time on the computer obsessively poring over the voluminous photograph archives and watching videos over and over again.

But I will try to make it up to you: here is a beautiful photo of Baby Jack:



And just to show you that he can look as silly as any other regular baby who is not The Most High Regal Baby Jack, here is my latest iPhone grab from my last babysit:



And....The Second Fatbet is over! I lost. BUT I also lost 8.2 pounds!!!!! YAY!!!!! That's what's so neeeet about Fatbets; it's a lose/lose situation. Even if you know you probably won't win the bet, you're motivated to get as much as you can for your money. Or in this case, lose as much as you can. If my math is right, and it always is, I spent $12.20 per pound lost. Wouldn't you?

So I am now--*drumroll*--only 1.8 pounds away from my Goal 45-Weigh ≤130!

The Fatbet Ladies are going to meet in Midtown for dinner on April 21st. I decided I would extend my bet 'til then: I told them if I had not reached ≤130 by then, I would buy all their entrees. That ought to motivate me.

In other news, my new wardrobe (per Goal 78 - Go clothes shopping with someone knowledgeable and come back with at least two good outfits) is growing by leaps and bounds, and I'm getting a reputation as a fashionista!!!! Somebody whose looks I revere (who is also young enough to be my daughter) asked me if I would pick out a new wardrobe for her!!! I had to, sadly, inform her that I have no taste whatsoever in clothes and that my wardrobe was the work of a professional. Note, though, that I didn't actually pay anybody, even though I was prepared to. I just went into Variazioni between rehearsals because they were having a winter coat sale and I needed a new coat, and there was this nice swanky looking saleslady who outfitted me for free because I had the bright idea of saying, "Show me something else that I should buy." From there on, it was all downhill. I also went in several days later and she had another go at my wallet. All very, very much worth it. Yes, I know, I don't have any pictures to prove it yet, but there will be some. The other day I bought a silver raincoat! :-)

AND--*drumroll*--I have almost achieved the impossible: to wit, Goal 31 - Get all papers filed! I did this by throwing some money at the situation and hiring an assistant. Believe me it has been worth it. She found some checks for $200 plus--actually she also found a $2000 plus check, but it turned out to be already dealt with. I'm telling you, being disorganized can really cost you money!!!

More on that later. We're still working.

I deserve all kinds of congratulations, so as Mizfit likes to say (who by the way has a must-read post today), please to hit us up in the comments!

5 comments:

Miz said...

wow. you HAVE been busy living not blogging.
I kept popping by and waiting for an update and it was definitely worth the wait.
you are rocking the weightloss, the goal achievement (!) and the grandmahood.

what else is there in life?

solarity said...

To be the grandmother of a young man of such commanding presence is a job in itself. I'm glad that keeping busy has not derailed your goal-whacking.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Levi said...

I came by because I miss your frenetic, listless and/or shallow posts.
But I love babies!! Cute photos. And you must be so proud.
But a silver raincoat? wow.

the Bag Lady said...

You have been busy! Congratulations on the weight loss. I can vaguely remember weighing around what you weigh. It was severalmany years ago. Sigh.
Baby Jack is adorable, so you can be forgiven for not posting more regularly!

Sbanfnyc said...

I think u are great. That's all I have to say. U r the best!