Sunday, September 6, 2009

Dumb Thing #3

I've already posted about the two dumb things I did while at Bard, and was waiting for the other shoe to drop, and it took almost the entire two weeks but it finally happened.

So you remember how I whooped it up at the Spiegeltent the second week. Which was okay, except that (you have to realize I really dance vigorously because I tend to forget that I'm actually superannuated) I overdid it and pulled something in my right hip, I think it was my gluteus medius. I pulled that in my left hip a couple of years ago doing an aerobic workout, and I had to go to physical therapy to get that resolved. At least I remember the treatment and all the exercises. Now I just have to remember to do them.

I did, however, get to the pool on Friday!!!! It was just barely warm enough, I thought, but wow it was so pleasant. One of the things about swimming on a not-so-hot day is that once you get in the water and get acclimated, when you get out it feels a little chilly and so it feels really warm to get back in the water. I didn't swim a long time, but since I'd been a little inactive because of the pulled muscle, I felt like I got a real workout.

Scott wasn't home, so I didn't have anybody to take a picture of me in the pool. So I took one with my iPhone of my toes in the water. You just have to take my word for it that they're my toes.

I have this goal in a headlock. One more summer to go.

3 comments:

Sbanfnyc said...

You are a great dancer! I am so sorry for your Gluts or whatever but I really enjoyed our time together on the dance floor.

I can attest to all that those are Melissa Sr.'s feet. I've seen them several times and they both look just like that.

Did I tell you today that I love you and that you are very pretty?

Levi said...

I liked ScottieD's comment more than your blogpost.
Sorry.
Especially his last line.

the Bag Lady said...

Good for you!
And I'm with POD - ScottieD's comment is so sweet!