Saturday, September 13, 2008

Sheesh! Another one already...

It has forcibly occurred to me over the last day that in just a little over a week I WILL NO LONG BE ABLE TO DRAW. Not for at least two months.

For some reason I thought drawing 10 pictures would be a reasonable goal, but now that I've started I've become a little obsessed.

And hey, people are paying attention. My Miss Piggy picture was an Editor's Pick yesterday on Open.Salon.com, and I got a request from TheZoo to post my work along with their other nationally syndicated cartoonists! Maybe I should look into syndication.

Howsoever, cartoons weren't the kind of drawings I had in mind when I made that goal. So I'll count one of them, but I'm saving the other eight for more traditional work. We'll see how that goes.

So here's the latest one: I woke up at 2:00 in the morning with an idea, and couldn't get back to sleep so I just got up and scribbled it down. Cleaned it up a little this afternoon and fired it off! I think I can draw a better caricature of Palin than this, but it still works, I think.

DRILL HERE...DRILL NOW...

5 comments:

AC said...

They just get better and better!

Anonymous said...

GOOD GOSH WOMAN YOU ARE SO FLIPPING TALENTED.

now Im mulling what I want to hire you for...a cartoon may be it?

Miz.

Anonymous said...

(and I feel for you with the surgery...do not mean to gloss over that just cant find the right words which dont sound as though Im minimizing...)

Jenn said...

I'm not surprised you got interest. You're GOOD, girl!

Sbanfnyc said...

Best cartoon I've seen today. Get you lazy husband to draw stick figures for you!