Monday, November 3, 2008

VOTE.

Hey all you 'muricans, time to gird your loins for the democratic process. Go O!

I went as Sarah Palin for Halloween (we have a big party here every year for all us vocal musicians--I was aiming at Scariest Costume, but they didn't have that category, just Best) and I won SECOND PLACE!!! Hoo-hah. It almost makes up for the weirdness of being Sarah Palin for the night--you wouldn't believe the looks I got.

I thought there'd be at least 10 other Palins, but no, there was a hockey mom (player) and a pig in lipstick, but I was the only real impersonation. What's perturbing is that people keep telling me I look like her even though I'm not wearing the makeup and glasses any more. (I colored my hair darker for versimilitude; I think that's it.)

See what you think (you have to just imagine the really high heels I was wearing all night; nobody got a picture of them):


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa! You are a dead-ringer for Palin.. Scary..
Hope your recuperating is going well. :D

Levi said...

You *do* look like her though I hate to admit it. She is so, so brainless.

http://wonkette.com/404082/palin-to-black-person-todd-i-live-with-racial-discrimination-too

Was that Sdog as Tigger?

The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs
They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, FUN!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is ScottieDog is the only one

Oh, and thanks for sharing your poem. I liked it.
Frost!

Anonymous said...

wow. YOU ARE SUCH A DEAD RINGER.

hope the hand is better? yes? a little??

(now I have the song schadenfreude in my head...from ave Q.)

Crabby McSlacker said...

You look way too much like her with those glasses. Very very scary!!!!

I am so psyched to vote tomorrow. No early voting in MA, which is probably just as well as I will be a nervous wreck all day and standing in line to vote (and packing the van to leave for CA) will keep me busy.

Best of luck with the hand!

Anonymous said...

You Betcha!!

I'm reminded of a friends costume for a scariest award. Bride :-)

Jenn said...

WOW. You really did look like her. But you have brains! ;)

Melissa said...

I know, it IS scary. Hopefully the color will wash out of my hair soon--nobody thought I looked like her when I had the blonde going on.

And hopefully she will drop from public view for awhile and everyone will mercifully forget!

Melissa said...

I forgot to say my hand is BETTER. If the doctor gives the go-ahead on Friday, I can go back to therapy. (And I have a couple of cartoons in mind even for post-election.)

Emily said...

Oh wow, you do look like her. And I agree with you, I thought there'd be more. Go figure!

Sbanfnyc said...

I wish I had gone as Tigger. I went as Todd. The eyebrow pencil wore off pretty quick and nobody wanted to take pictures of me. Melissa was a huge hit.

I am so proud to be married to the next President of the United States.