Sunday, August 17, 2008

Goal 3 -- Paint 5 pictures


Taking one last ride in ScottieDog's car.

Ah the Bard festival is coming to a close! And I did bestir myself here toward the end to accomplish some things: I went on a hike with my friend Eileen and my ScottieDog, and took some nice scenic shots that I might paint from later on. Also the hike was very invigorating, which goes toward my long term goal of getting more fit.

Lots of my friends here have been looking at my goals list, and a couple have started on their own lists! I feel so proud and influential!

The Bard Festival is always so great. We have a ball. Note the incredible Frank Gehry "Space Turtle" concert hall behind the car.

The last concert is tonight!

Here's a chorister eye view of the rehearsals:






Sopranos are always right in the middle of the percussion instruments. Well, right behind, anyway. And boy is it LOUD. Interesting, though.

This is a BIG orchestra. You'll note we can hardly see the players in the front of the orchestra. We have to look for the conductor with binoculars.

3 comments:

Chellie has Issues said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I LOVE this idea. It reminds of something I saw on Oprah about a wish board. It's something about posting your wishes on a board. I'm sure you already knew that. I would love to create one...would take some time but worth it!

Melissa said...

And thank YOU for visiting my blog! I'm having a great time with this project. I realize that breaking bad habits (unless you're smoking or something) is more a process of creating new habits. I thought I had a bad habit of leaving my shoes all over the house, but I realized that it's just a matter of creating the habit of putting my shoes away.

I know it seems like a little thing, but I am very accident-prone!

Levi said...

Melissa,
Thanks for your comment on my blog. I am really intrigued with your idea here. I will visit. Thanks!